My interests in teaching began when I was a child. After my three children began school, I worked as a substitute teacher for the Lakeland School District for ten years, and then spent three years organizing and teaching at a Christian home school co-op. Eight years ago I was thrilled to continue to live out my childhood dream and join the staff of Christian Center School. I have enjoyed continuing my education in the summers at the National Teachers' Conference, MTI, and I.S.T.E.M. classes. Recently I was excited to attend a class in Robotics and wrote a grant to begin this program in our elementry classes.
It is a privilege to partner with the parents of my students as we teach academic excellence and encourage growth in academics, character development and a relationship with Christ. My students will enjoy a variety of projects, experiences, and experiences such as:
- Serving and delivering soups to the needy in our community
- Technology experiences such as power point projects, robotics, computer projects
- A variety of projects - States/World's Fair, Science Activities, Novel Units
- Many field trips to enrich our curriculum
- Researching and an assortment of writing projects
- Our class creates our own business and learn to keep record for it
- A science curriculum with hands on experiments and activities
- Learning and practicing Godly character traits
Teaching a class of 6th graders is a rewarding and exciting privilege, and I am thankful and blessed by my students, their parents, and my fellow teachers.